Sunday, February 8, 2009

Envision Blogs in the future

I looked over David Warlick page and I found it all interesting. In general this is what I learned by using blogging can be helpful.

Well im learning using blogs is great way to communicate with the students, parents, and students communicating with each other. Technology is every where and students are no strangers to it. Blogging will promote literacy skills for the students. Several students can work together on a blog centered, or on a single topic or assignments. Also blogs record the process of collaboration, which will allow me to observe, comment, and intervene as needed while allowing students to reflect on the process at the end of the assignment. I can start a blog in my classroom as a discussion of readings or assignments. Students can perform Web searches to keep up with the topic, which stresses the importance of continual, up-to-date research, while also giving them additional practice evaluating Web sources.
So this tool will benefit not only the students but teachers as well. Im going to embrace these technologies. It can help students learn to use them responsibly and can add an exciting new element to their lessons. I can use blogs as bulletin boards, as class suggestion boxes, and to communicate with parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment